Saturday, November 9, 2013

Book Review: For Love or Loyalty // by Jennifer Hudson Taylor

Book // For Love or Loyalty
Author // Jennifer Hudson Taylor
Published // 2013 Abingdon Press

This book made it into my Top 10 Favorites List. It is excellent!


Everything is on the line in this tale. Lauren's father has committed a fatal and very personal crime against Malcolm's family. What begins as an act of revenge leads to a plan to trade Lauren for the freedom of his mother and sister. It won't be without challenges, though. They must cross the ocean together to begin looking for his family and they may not be prepared for the obstacles that wait for them.

As Malcolm's feelings for Lauren begin to change, he questions his original plan, but what choice does he have? By the time he decides he cannot bear to indenture Lauren, she makes a heart-wrenching decision herself and her choice leads to circumstances worse than either of them could have imagined. Now, Malcolm has to find Lauren and a way to rescue her, along with his family.

This book is one of the best books I have ever read and I heartily recommend it to everyone. Jennifer's characters are so real and well-developed and I've found myself missing reading about them since I finished the book. Jennifer carries us through their story so well. Just when things look like they're going to be okay, the next heartbreaking trial enters and we are left wondering how they are going to survive it. While I find most books somewhat predictable, this one was not. When I thought I knew what was going to happen next, I was surprised by what did occur. This book kept me up well into the night because I just couldn't put it down. It's well-written, entertaining, pulls at your heart, and is sure to be your next favorite. I can't wait to read more of Jennifer's books, as this was my first.





**I received a digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for honest feedback. I was not required to write a positive review. I enjoyed this book so much that I want to purchase a printed copy for my library and I intend to read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment